Gas Prices rising to 2008 levels, but more exciting fuel sipping cars are now available
COSTA MESA, Calif., March 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ —
- With gas price concerns returning, NADAguides, the leading provider of vehicle pricing and information, has identified the top five non-hybrid fuel efficient vehicles under $30,000 that go beyond the basic with desired options for realistic, everyday lifestyles – the 2011 Chevrolet Aveo, 2011 GMC Terrain, 2011 Kia Soul, 2011 Nissan Sentra, and the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen.
- NADAguides analysts identified the top five vehicles based upon a fuel efficiency of 30+ MPG, desired features/options and safety equipment with a MSRP price under $30,000. These choices are more common in manufacturer lineups than ever before.
- Gas prices will influence consumer car shopping habits, but subcompact coupes aren’t the only option and a “downgrade” isn’t inevitable. NADAguides analysts have identified four body styles that offer consumers an economical, and fuel efficient choice – sedan (Chevrolet Aveo and Nissan Sentra), SUV (GMC Terrain), crossover (Kia Soul) and wagon (Jetta SportWagen).
- Currently, the national average gasoline price is $3.57 (U.S. Energy Information Administration) and this is expected to continue to rise towards $4.50 according to Paul Taylor, chief economist for NADA. The economy is growing slowly and consumers are looking for vehicles that meet their needs and wants while also being realistic to their lifestyles and cost efficient at the dealership and the gas pump.
- With the overabundance of car information online today, NADAguides has created a tool simply called the “Car Finder” designed to help consumers quickly narrow their search and hone in what matters most in terms of price, MPG expectations, lifestyle needs and features. The NADAguides Car Finder offers consumers the ability to search for new and used cars based on a single criteria or combination of criteria including price, model year, make, body style, fuel economy, transmission, and number of seats, drive-train and more.
NADAguides Most Economical and Practical Cars for 2011*
*Complete vehicle specifications and information for each model listed can be found at NADAguides.com
- 2011 Kia Soul 5 Door Wagon Auto Sport – The 2011 Kia Soul 5 Door Wagon Auto Sport comes equipped with a sport-tuned suspension, fog lights, auto-off headlights, heated power mirrors, rear wiper, privacy glass, satellite radio, USB, remote entry, steering wheel-mounted controls, Bluetooth and more. All features typically found on higher-end vehicles. Achieving an estimated 24 MPG city and 30 MPG highway, the Sport has an MSRP of $18,495, however the base model is available for an MSRP of $13,300. In addition, Kia offers a 10-year, 100,000 mile drive train warranty and 5-year, 60,000 mile roadside assistance. Kia is currently offering financing as low as 0.9 percent.
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development – “The Kia Soul has more to offer than meets the eye. While it appears small on the outside, it offers up to 53.4 cubic feet of room with the rear seats folded down flat. That’s great cargo space for pets or sports equipment. For the person who feels a sedan is too small and an SUV is too large, the Kia Soul is just right!”
- Troy Snyder, Director of Product Development at NADAguides: “With a nearly 22 percent increase in the cost of gasoline compared to March 2010, our team of analysts went to work to help consumers determine the top new cars that not only addressed fuel efficiency needs, but also took into consideration what you received for the value and how practical and realistic they are for today’s lifestyles. These models from Chevrolet, GMC, Kia, Nissan, and Volkswagen offer consumers more than 30 miles per gallon and come at an economic price while not making you feel like you ordered off the value menu. Our analysts also expect these vehicles to maintain their value well as the demand for fuel efficient cars and hybrid vehicles continue to increase.”
About the NADAguides Most Economical and Practical Cars List
The NADAguides Most Economical and Practical Cars List was established to provide consumers with vehicles currently on the market that offer tremendous fuel efficiency at a great value. The analysts at NADAguides draw from a list of vehicles currently on the market that offer a predetermined miles per gallon and are priced under a specific MSRP. The selection of the top five Most Economical and Practical Cars is then narrowed down based on the vehicles standard and optional equipment offerings, availability of road-side and/or in-vehicle assistance, awards received, warranty, current incentives and rebates, and any other unique features the vehicle offers above its competition.